You are hereConference Volunteer
Each year, numerous volunteers are needed to help run ATALM conferences. The use of volunteers helps keep registration fees as low as possible and permits more funds to be used for scholarships and other attendee benefits. Equally important, volunteering helps you become an essential part of the event and is a great networking opportunity!
The 2013 International Conference of Indigenous Archives, Libraries, and Museums will be held June 10-13 at the Santa Ana Pueblo owned Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The volunteer form may be submitted online On site, you may check opportunities at the registration desk. We never turn good help away!
The following volunteer positions are available:
• Tote Bag/Goodie Bags – Help insert conference materials into the tote bags, as well as help prepare goody bags/cups for conference attendees. This activity takes place on Sunday and Monday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Registration Desk – The registration desk is the hub of all conference activity. In addition to providing a place for attendees to check in and receive conference materials, the registration area serves as an information desk, hospitality center, volunteer check-in, first-aid station, lost and found, and other activities. The registration desk is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday through Wednesday and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday.
• ATALM Store – The store is typically at the Registration Desk. Items at the store include arts and crafts on consignment from conference attendees, books, ATALM merchandise, and other items. Volunteers will monitor the store and answer questions. All financial transactions are the responsibility of the registration desk supervisor.
• Session Monitors/Room Hosts – As a session host, you will help speakers if they need assistance, communicate problems to conference staff, ensure individuals find seats, keep the room tidy, and hand out materials as necessary. Consider volunteering for sessions you also plan to attend. That way, you can help out while still participating fully in the conference activities.
• Ticket Takers – As a ticket taker/badge checker, you will stand at the entrance doors to any ticketed event and ensure only ATALM badge holders with appropriate tickets are admitted to the room.
• Special Projects – Throughout the conference, volunteers are needed to perform special projects, i.e., placing gifts on tables before a meal function, helping with VIP guests, etc. If you are willing to help in whatever area is needed, this is the area for you!