You are here2013 Scholarship Application
2013 Scholarship Application
The 2013 International Conference of Indigenous Archives, Libraries, and Museums takes place at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico. Pre-conference workshops take place on Monday, June 10 and conference sessions are scheduled Tuesday, June 11 through Thursday, June 13.
The scholarship application deadline has now passed. If you applied for a scholarship you will be notified no later than March 15, 2013.
- Must currently be associated with tribal archive, library, museum, or cultural programs, or
- Work with indigenous collections in non-tribal archive, library, museum, or cultural programs, or
- Be currently enrolled in a museum, library,or archival-related educational program.
- Scholarships range from $250 to $665.
- In order of priority, scholarships are to cover (1) registration; (2) accommodations; (3) travel. Limited funds are available for travel.
- Awards are based on the extent to which you are involved with tribal collections, the extent to which will benefit from the conference, and the amount of funding available.
- Multiple applications per tribe/organization are permitted, but typically only one scholarship is awarded.
- Scholarships are available to United States residents only.
- If awarded a scholarship, you will receive instructions on how to register. Do not register in advance of receiving your scholarship agreement.
- Scholarship registration does not cover pre-conference events or special ticketed events.
- To be eligible for lodging, you must travel at least 100 miles round trip.
- You may be assigned a roommate. If you wish to have a single room, you will be required to pay the difference of $55 per night.
- Only the room charge and taxes are covered. All other charges, such as telephone calls, movies, mini-bar, Internet connections, etc., are your responsibility.
- Registration includes two breakfasts and three luncheons.
- Per diem is not covered.
- Travel costs are rarely funded. Travel awards are capped at $250.
- If awarded travel, you will book and pay for your own travel. ATALM will reimburse you once travel arrangements are verified.
- Funds are not provided for local transportation, airport parking, etc.
- Applications must be received by March 1, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. CST.
- You will receive a copy of the information you submit via email. If you do not receive a confirmation within two business days, please contact the ATALM office at 405-522-3515.
- You will be notified no later than March 15, 2013 as to whether or not you received a scholarship.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to sign a scholarship agreement.