You are hereScholarship Application
The 2014 International Conference of Indigenous Archives, Libraries, and Museums takes place at the Renaissance Hotel and Conference Center in Palm Springs, CA. Pre-conference workshops take place on Monday, June 9 and conference sessions are scheduled Tuesday, June 10 through Thursday, June 12.
The scholarship application deadline has now passed. Applicants will be notified no later than April 1 as to the status of your application.
- Must currently be associated with tribal archive, library, museum, or cultural programs, or
- Work with indigenous collections in non-tribal archive, library, museum, or cultural programs, or
- Be currently enrolled in a museum, library,or archival-related educational program.
- Scholarships range from $250 to $750.
- In order of priority, scholarships are to cover (1) registration; (2) accommodations; (3) travel. Limited funds are available for travel.
- Awards are based on the extent to which you are involved with tribal collections, the extent to which will benefit from the conference, and the amount of funding available.
- Multiple applications per tribe/organization are permitted, but typically only one scholarship is awarded.
- Scholarships are available to United States residents only.
- If awarded a scholarship, you will receive instructions on how to register. Do not register in advance of receiving your scholarship agreement, as doing so will disqualify you from receiving a scholarship.
- Scholarship registration does not cover pre-conference events or special ticketed events.
- To be eligible for lodging, you must travel at least 100 miles round trip.
- You may be assigned a roommate. If you wish to have a single room, you will be required to pay the difference of $75 per night.
- Only the room charge and taxes are covered. All other charges, such as telephone calls, movies, mini-bar, Internet connections, etc., are your responsibility.
- Registration includes two breakfasts and three luncheons.
- Per diem is not covered.
- Travel costs are rarely funded. Travel awards are capped at $250.
- If awarded travel, you will book and pay for your own travel. ATALM will reimburse you once travel arrangements are verified.
- Funds are not provided for local transportation, airport parking, etc.
- Applications must be received by March 1, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. CST.
- You will receive a copy of the information you submit via email. If you do not receive a confirmation immediately, please contact the ATALM office at 405-522-3515.
- You will be notified no later than April 1, 2014 as to whether or not you received a scholarship.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to sign a scholarship agreement.